Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
How to recover from frozen hand or "please wait" message that stays forever?

How to recover from frozen hand or "please wait" message that stays forever?
Posted by sheila08a (VIP) Jul 18 2014 3:36PM

Gin locks up frequently. Often, when opponent discards or when I draw a card, said card is frozen upside-down in midair. I can't discard. What am I supposed to do? Also, "please wait" message never vanishes when it appears. What is recommended?

Stuck
Posted by medpro (VIP) Jul 19 2014 7:52PM

you probably will have to restart your computer or apparatus, whichever you are using. Your situation happened to me today too, and I just had to reboot. I hate that too, but only solution I can think of. Gl to u.

Reboot is rarely needed
Posted by webmaster (moderator) Jul 21 2014 1:35PM

For speed, at GameColony we use fast TCP/IP connections (as opposed to HTTP connectios) which are more demanding of the quality of connectivity and less tolerant of the loss of network packets. Here's one possibility why a periodic loss of connection /loss of packets can happen: (*) A frequent cause of a periodic loss of signal is an overheated or aging wireless router that starts losing packets. Before replacing a wireless router, you may try a wired connection if available. One way to check whether you are still connected: You can type a message to your opponent for example " are you there?" and press Send button. If you do not see that message reflected in chat, then you are not connected. If you use Java: Do not close your table at all! Instead, start closing ALL of the other browser windows. The table, then, will close by itself. Now restart browser & proceed to the same room to continue your game.

GC Store